PhD (Postgraduate study)
Language: Russian, English
Application date: throughout the year.
Foreign citizens entering PhD should have a Master's Degree.
|Speciality||Education form||Course duration||
(US dollars, per year)
|Economy and management||part-time*||4 years||1950|
|Civil law; commercial law; family law; international private law||part-time*||4 years||1950|
|International law. European law||full-time||up to 3 years||1950|
*If master's degree exams are passed.
If master's degree exams are not passed, foreign citizens are admitted to postgraduate study as applicants for the degree:
- for up to two years to pass master's degree exams and credit tests - 1100 US dollars;
- for up to five years to pass master's degree exams and credit tests and thesis research - 1950 US dollars.
List of admission documents to PhD studies
1. Original and a copy of the master's degree and a credit-examination attachment or another document of education equivalent to the second level of higher education in the Republic of Belarus, indicating the subjects studied and the grades received
2. Notarized translation of Education Certificate, if it is made in a foreign language, and a copy thereof.
3. Certificate of recognition of the Education Certificate and establishing of its equivalence to the second level of higher education in the Republic of Belarus (applied to education documents issued in a foreign country).
4. Medical statement of health (absence of HIV, tuberculosis, hepatitis) and the possibility of living in the climate of the Republic of Belarus, issued by the official health authority of the home country, with a notarized translation into Russian.
5. Statement of the medical consultation commission issued by the territorial health care organization of the Republic of Belarus (after passing compulsory medical examination ).
6. Passport with an entry visa to the Republic of Belarus (for citizens of countries with a visa regime), a copy thereof and a notarized translation into Russian (if it contains information only in a foreign language).
7. 10 photos (3 x 4 cm)
8. Compulsory medical insurance for foreign citizens.
9. Written consent of an authorized organization to send an applicant to study, certified in accordance with the established procedure, if a foreign citizen arrives in accordance with international treaties of the Republic of Belarus, treaties on the implementation of international programms, inter-universities agreements or the written consent of organization of a foreign state to send an applicant to study.
After defending a thesis, the applicant is awarded the academic degree of PhD in Law / PhD in Economics.